EPCC - 2017 Ribbon Cutting - Camp St. Trail
Name: EPCC - 2017 Ribbon Cutting - Camp St. Trail
Date: October 12, 2017
Time: 12:00 PM - 12:10 PM CDT
Please join us for a ribbon cutting to celebrate the grand opening of the Camp Street Trail.
We will be meeting on the trail near the intersection of Spinder and Camp Street.
Parking will be behind McDonald's or Crust in the Levee District.
- Funded through $250,000 grant administered by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) via the federally-funded Recreational Trails Program
- The program is an 80%/20% split between the funds through IDNR and the City
- The trail consists of at least six inch thick concrete throughout to ensure its longevity and to minimize maintenance.
- The trail is not in a straight line in order to increase visual interest and opportunities for landscaping and sculpture to be placed during future phases.
- In concert with the River Trail of Illinois and recently constructed bridges at Spinder and Clock Tower, this new trail creates an over 1 mile long recreational loop for residents and visitors to enjoy.
- This new trail now offers a safe means of travel for walkers and cyclists, alike, in that it will offer separate facilities from Main Street to Clock Tower with pedestrian-friendly connections to destinations along Camp Street as well as the Levee District.